Week 28: Connecting Words
I have
searched on the Internet some news about academic topics and I have ended up
with one about bilingual schools. The article discusses how children are
getting more and more practical if they start bilingual schools since it
develops their creativity and learning skills. The article mentioned is from: https://www.educationdive.com/news/bilingual-education-prepares-children-for-a-multicultural-world/539779/
`Our world
is more multilingual and multicultural than ever before. Studies show that the earlier a child is exposed to a second
language, the greater the likelihood he or she will gain proficiency.
Recent studies also show that students in bilingual education
programs outperform their peers in attention and reading. In one study covering
six states and 37 districts, the researchers found that, compared with
students in English-only classrooms or in one-way immersion, dual-language
students have higher test scores and also seem to be happier in school.
Attendance is better, behavioural problems are fewer, and parent involvement is
higher.
Bilingualism
broadens a child’s cognitive control, allowing for improvements in
subjects like science, enhancements in problem-solving skills and increases in
spatial abilities. Bilingual education paves a way for a child's future,
providing better employment opportunities and preparing them for life in our
diverse society.’ […]
This week I
have continued practising my listening skills but also the others as exams as
getting near and I am kind of afraid. I hope that everything will go perfectly but
the only way of assured the success is learning and practising.

Comentarios
Publicar un comentario