Week 27: Complaining
Firstly, I
have chosen a webpage in which a chart with tons of phrasal verbs are illustrated.
It is quite completed as it covers several kinds of phrasal verbs with
different meanings. It is distributed alphabetically so you can search what you
need easily. This is the chart: https://www.englishclub.com/vocabulary/phrasal-verbs-list.htm
As it is
stated in the exercise, I have provided a complaint text from https://oup.useremarkable.com/production/images/uploads/3703/original/uk_sample_complaint_letter_unsatisfactory-workmanship.pdf :
Dear Mr Hampton,
I am writing to complain
about the faulty installation of the above blackout
shade to my bedroom window. Mr Brand from your company came to my house to fit
the shade on Monday, 29 March. That same evening, I discovered the mechanism
was not working and that it was impossible either to raise or to lower the
shade.
I phoned
your company the following morning, and Mr Brand returned three days later to repair
the shade. However, although the shade worked for the first few days after his
visit, it then jammed once more. When I phoned again on 6 April to
report this fault, I was told that no one would be available to visit me
for two weeks.
As I
regularly work nights, and this shade is the only means of blocking out
daylight, it is vital that it is functioning properly so that I can sleep
during the day. I therefore would appreciate it if you would ensure that
someone returns to replace the shade by the end of the week.
Sincerely yours,
Finally,
this week I have been practising my listening skills with help from some
webpages.
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario