Week 24: Natural Wonders
I have found a
nice description of the Eiffel Tower (later I found out that it was about a place, a natural wonder, and not about a monument) I wanted to share because it needs some
extra comments. It is from https://www.wonders-of-the-world.net/Eiffel-Tower/Description-of-the-Eiffel-tower.php and
it only refers to objective description.
How to describe an international monument also known
as the Eiffel Tower? The best solution seems to be to stay simple and describe
what you see. We can see that this is a metallic tower made of
interlocking joists resting on the ground on 4 massive pillars. Its general
shape is close to the pyramid, but differs from it by the small but
existing curvature of its sides. It is composed of two parts: The lower
part, characterized by four pillars, which lie at the top of this part,
and a high part, which is the continuation of the elevation of the pillars at
the moment of their joining. This junction is at the level of a platform that
corresponds to the second tower of the tower, the first being approximately
half way down from the ground, while the third is near the top.
In my opinion, this description lacks of subjective
comments describing the monument. I would add sentences like: The Eiffel Tower
is an enormous monument due to its height and when the night comes it is just
gorgeous to see it illuminated. Sometimes we learn more from an opinion than
from a fact.
This week I have practised my English skills doing exercise
on the internet since the final exam is getting closer. In addition, I am
reading books and articles in English.

Comentarios
Publicar un comentario