Week 1: Process Writing


English is one of my passions; that is why I always try to improve the skills I have on it, especially in writing. I try different things in order to find the best way to get better; read articles, watch series with English subtitles and write random things that came into my mind are really useful tricks for me.

Most of the things that I read are in English because if you are used to think in the language that you want to use, it is going to be easier to write down your thoughts in this language. In addition, you will get vocabulary and expressions more complicated than the ones you usually use so it is perfect to improve your level. It is always good to see an improvement.



Another thing that helps me a lot is watching series in English with English subtitles too. We are used to listening to music in English and listening to our teachers talking and talking for hours but it is not really hard as we understand almost everything it is said. For contrast, if you see an English TV programme maybe you do not get everything you want and you can read the subtitles and see how words are correctly written to put them into paper.




Nevertheless, the most useful trick is write down things that came into you mind; it does not matter if you make mistakes as you can correct them later. The importance is to write fluently and this came with practice and patience. The more you write the more you enjoy writing.




These are just a few things I do in order to improve my writing but we can always do more. I want to be better because I love this language and I find myself in the future thinking completely in English; so I need to be good at everything although I must confess that writing is my worst competence. But I will keep going and be the best I can.

Comentarios